How to enhance the performance of your Android Application?
With the rapid development of android application it has become crucial to consider performance of the android mobile applications. Android SDK, consist of some of the word class debugging tools, which helps you to easily identify the performance issues during your android application development.
Android applications are intended for portable, and you can buy android app reviews and hand held devices like smart phones which imposes some restrictions on its computing capability and storage, which requires android application developers to develop applications which are highly performance driven and efficient. One of the most common measure of performance of android application is its battery life, if your application is not so efficient it will decrease the battery life of android phones easily. Thus, it is highly advisable to optimize your application performance for better battery life.
Below are some essential guidelines or tips, which should followed by professional android developers to enhance their application’s performance during their android application development:-
• First and basic rule to optimize the performance of your android app is, just avoid including things which are not necessary for your app. Many novice android developers often include things which are not at all related to their application, so try to avoid including things which are unwanted.
• Never create any object if it’s not at all needed in application. Creating unwanted objects may lead to increase the garbage collection and results in horrible user experience, so try to avoid creating unwanted objects during your application development.
• Avoid virtual method calls if possible! In C/C++ it is great idea to use virtual methods like getter or setter rather accessing fields directly and you can impose some restrictions on accessing fields, but in android it is not preferable to use any virtual method calls within class. You should always use such virtual method calls in public rather than in class.
• Try to decrease the layout grouping complexity! It is best idea to improve the performance of your android application.
• Prefer to go for integer rather than floating point! There is no difference between integers and floating in terms of speed but floating may need at least double storage space compare to integer. So try to minimize the usage of floating points in your android app.
• In design, try to make layouts simpler and easy to understand. It will surely help to raise the performance level of your android app.
• Try to incorporate index in database to optimize the queries of database of your application.
• Always use precompiled SQL statements or quarries which are often used.
• Try to use native methods only if they are needed.
So, above we see some of the important guidelines or tips that should be included by android application developer in their android app development to optimize their application’s performance.